Friday, September 7, 2012

Wow!

Ladies I tell ya what, I am so impressed with the support, inspiration, strength and ideas that we have been able to get from each other! If you have not done so go ahead and read the comments made on each others post to get ideas/help/support! This week I hit my weekly goal of two and a half pounds. Slow and steady right? My total weight loss percentage is 2.98%! (give us % from the very beginning of the competition each week please). A couple thing I learned this week to help me out.......I figured out my BMR which is how many calories I should be eating due to age,height,weight and sex. I have been counting calories to help me find good portion sizes and get used to those portions. I found out I have been going way to low on my calories and putting my body in starvation mode, also haven't been adding enough protein since I have been weight training. Another thing I learned this week is that the national standard for the amount of water we drink has changed it is no longer 8-8oz. Glasses but 12, then you are to add an extra glass if you live above 5,000 fett elevation, then you are to add another glass for every eight lbs. that you would like to lose, and then another glass for every half hour you work out. I should be drinking around 135oz. Of liquid a day! (luckily this includes other beverages you normally drink except caffeinated and alcohol). So ladies, get drinking! My huge goal accomplished this week.....hit three weeks with no soda or fast food! That might change this weekend unfortunately since we are going on a trip but here is to making good choice if I do!

1 comment:

  1. Good job girly! I'm proud of you! I know--we all need our water! I'm going to do better too. I love you and hope your girls are better!! :)

    ReplyDelete