Friday, August 31, 2012

Week 1 Lindsay

This week has been a bit rough for me.  I didn't do my insanity as well as I should have, but I really tried to focus in on my eating.  I am currently at 170lbs.  In the morning I was 169 and now at 10:16PM I am 170.  Oh how I wish to break through and into the sixties.  But alas, not this week.  So my percentage is 2.86. 

I also wanted to say a bit on the addictions.  Sadly, my addiction is food.  I reward myself with food.  If I feel bummed...I eat ice cream.  Just like all those sappy tv shows.  Girl gets dumped and eats the ice cream right out of the carton.  I have really focused this week on breaking that cycle.  I am trying to focus on food as nourishment and not enjoyment.  I know---that is so hard!  I have been eating more high protein meals and drinking a lot of water.  I only cheated twice this week with sugar.  Emotionally I felt awful.  I hate giving in to this silly addiction that I deserve a treat for excercising, or doing the dishes, cleaning the house.  So now you know my dirty little secret.  Now I can be accountable for it.  NO MORE "Deserves" for me.  Food is for nourishment and not reward or enjoyment!  This is my mantra.

This week goals:  Excercise DAILY, continue to eat right and recite mantra.  Dig a bit deeper into my eating trends and give no rewards.  The reward is the satisfaction that I did not give in.

Keep up the hard work girls.  This is never easy.  It is a love hate relationship.   

2 comments:

  1. You should weigh yourself at the same time each day and not any other time so you can see weight loss. Everyone's weight fluctuates throughout the day, so just pick a time of day (every morning, etc) to weigh yourself to see if you are losing weight. Don't beat yourself up, weight loss is a process!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya about the "i deserve it". I do that too. Trying hard to break it.

    ReplyDelete