Friday, August 31, 2012

Ok, my weight loss buddies, lets talk ADDICTIONS. I was a super hard core coca cola drinker. And not diet, either, the full sugar, fully caffeinated, whole lead stuff. It was my "drug of choice" Several a day. So here I am starting this weight loss/healthy  challenge. Went cold turkey off my coke. Cried a lot, grouched at my poor husband and kid, purposefully stayed away from people, had headaches, made me feel utterly psycho! But all natural side effects of withdrawal. Wow! I cant imagine how it is for people who have serious other addictions if this was so hard just for me for a food product. I also have to mention that sugar and junk went bye bye with the coke. So a rough week. Exercised twice a day most days. I am feeling pretty good now. My husband just might decide to keep me after all :) I know this has probably been hard for all of you too as we change our bad habits for good. I have gone from 150 to 146, a 2.67% loss. AND...drumroll please.....I can fit into a brand new pair of jeans with the tags still on them that I bought last year and got too fat to wear them and be able to breathe. Its so exciting. Congrats to all of you who are working hard to get healthier. Its a journey, a few habits at a time, and any change is good even if the weight loss doesnt always show. Im praying for all of you and sending great big hugs your way.
Cendy

3 comments:

  1. Good job 4 getting off your coke! I know that's hard. I love my dr pepper! AWESOME job on exercising twice a day almost everyday! That's incredible! You are inspiring/motivating me to do better! thank you! Congrats on your weight loss and 4 getting in those new jeans! How exciting! Think you should post a pic of you in those jeans! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ginger for the pep talk. Its good for all of us to encourage each other.

      Delete
  2. I decided to cut out my morning cup of coffee after I realized I put in 150 calories (or more) worth of creamer in it. I miss it so much, but I'm doing this for my health and to look better. It's hard, so that's my mantra

    ReplyDelete