Monday, August 27, 2012

Better Late Than Never!

I'm super excited to start this challenge.  I realized at the beginning of this year that both my husband and I need to do something to get healthier.  We've gotten way too sedintary and into bad eating habits and have slowly tried to change that this year.  We love to camp, hike and be active outdoors with our children (ages 8, 5 & 3) and those things have gotten more and more difficult.  My motivation to loose weight comes from wanting to be able to camp and hike in 30 years with our grandchildren.  I've realized that we need to be healthier if we want to be active well into our 60's and beyond. 

Last week I started using the "My Fitness Pal" ap to record all of my food and excercize and I have seen some of my real pitfalls in trying to loose weight (sugar, sugar, sugar!).  I've never tried a structured "diet" and I don't really want to, but I am excited to make a lifestyle change in the way that my family and I eat.  I'm also hoping to do some structured excercize 3+ times per week and be physically active every day.  I've actually lost a couple pounds since I started last week, but on Friday I weighed 152 lbs.  (We were camping all weekend, with no cell service, so I wasn't able to post my weight on Friday- sorry.)  My goal is to loose about 20 lbs that I have slowly gained (and not lost completely) after the births of each of our childern.   

Thanks Naomi for getting this together.  It's such great motivation to see how everyone is working toward the same goal. 

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment